What information we collect and how
This statement applies solely to information stored on this web site.
Member firms and their associated users are registered on this site so that they can access news items and user forum discussions posted either by the AMPS committee or other member firms. The data we ask from you is necessary for us to provide access to these services. We collect information only from you, and/or your nominated AMPS representative.
The information we store via this web site may include:
- Any personal details you provide, such as name, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) and other technical information, which is automatically logged by our server. This is used to note your interest in our website and to ensure any changes that are made to the site are for your benefit
- Session information stored in cookies. These do not include any personal information and are used to ensure that the correct data is extracted from the database and the correct level of access is given when accessing restricted pages. See link to cookies policy
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To comply with legal requirements.
- To ensure accessibility to our site.
- We will use your email address to send you email notifications of news items and updated forum discussions.
Whilst we do not pass your information to other companies, your information is accessed by the AMPS web administrator, Infratraq LLP, and by Amayzed, our conference and seminar organiser. Your data will not be used by them in any other context. The conference registration site has its own separate privacy statement.
The AMPS website includes a Marketplace section and any participants to the Marketplace will have access to your information although only if they are also an AMPS member firm.
We do however utilise a third party, Google, to track the usage and volume of users on our site. The information they collect is not in any way associated with the details we hold about you online.
Please see our Cookies Policy.
You can ask us to update or remove your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can control what notifications you recieve from us, including turning them off completely, in your Members Area.
Other web sites